3rd IEEE EMBS International Summer School
on Computer Modeling in Medicine
June 18-23, 2023, Charleston, SC, USA
Computer models play a significant role in the design and evaluation of medical devices and technologies, and are increasingly being used to enable personalized planning and delivery of device-based interventions. Prominent experts from academia and industry will provide an in depth view of fundamental concepts and current trends in model-based medical device design. Hands-on modeling tutorials with simulation software will be presented to demonstrate application of concepts covered in lectures.
This summer school is primarily geared towards graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and individuals from the medical device/imaging industry, with an interest in developing and applying computational models for medical device design, analysis, and evaluation.
Invited lecturers with extensive experience in the field will deliver lectures on topics including:
- Fundamentals of numerical methods for medical device modeling
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in medical imaging analysis
- Device-tissue interactions: biomechanics, biofluids, bioheat transfer, drug delivery
- Image-based modeling for personalized medical device design
- Industry panel: computational modeling in the medical device industry
For further information, please contact Dr. Dieter Haemmerich, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Punit Prakash, email@example.com .